Why Are Some Dates Considered ‘Auspicious’?
In the journey of life, we come across many kinds of decision-points that turn into path-changing milestones like marriage, new business, home-buying, childbirth, spiritual events, etc. Such decisions require a lot of consideration. An auspicious event occurs when Nature & Universe aligns in a positive way, but to avoid unwanted delays or obstacles, it is important to plan and prepare well in advance.
The knowledge-system of Indian Astrology is truly amazing as it can help you increase your chances of success in an endeavor.
The answer to this is threefold:
- Firstly, by using the time-tested interpretative techniques of Indian Astrology, we can get your Patrika (Birthchart) assessed to know the chances of an event occurring in your life.
- Secondly, we can get it evaluated further to know the possibility of positive outcomes and/or nature or scope of obstacles (if any).
- Thirdly, we can use a Panchang2 (an Indian almanac) to get a better date/time set for an auspicious occasion or to determine a the best-suited period for conducting the event.
Auspicious days are nothing but dates that are having positive influences of transiting planets and stars. Every day is further divided into time-slots. So, we can opt for a ‘productive’ time-slot on an auspicious date to doubly ensure our odds of success in our undertakings.
Here are some of the benefits of fixing auspicious dates for important occasions:
- Infusing positivity: We invite blessings from the Universe when we initiate ceremonious events on auspicious dates. It is believed that if we start a new venture on a propitious time as per Panchang, the results will be favorable. There is a special time-slot called ‘Abhijit’ (meaning Instant Victory) that is considered positive for any new venture or occasion.
- Optimizing your chances of success: Everyone’s Patrika is unique. So, when an auspicious date+time is selected after consulting both the Birthchart and the Panchang, the event is most likely to be fruitful. A positive time-frame simply increases the chances of success of endeavors like financial investments, new businesses, weddings, etc., exponentially. If destined, you’ll be able to reap maximum results for your efforts!
- Preparing for time-sensitive occasions: No one likes rejection or setbacks. So, you should try not to make an important Sales pitch or propose to the love of your life during unfavorable days/time-slots.
- Traveling: Before initiating an important travel plan it is always best to refer the Panchang or avail consultation from a PunditJunction astrologer. If a journey begins on a positive day, it is less likely to have any challenges, obstacles or cancellations.
- Avoiding unnecessary tensions: Before important appointments like a surgery or driver’s license test, it is good to try and negate risks as much as possible. And selecting an auspicious date/time bracket helps avoid adverse results.
To select the best-suited dates & timings for an upcoming event, you can consult with PunditJunction. Arrange an interaction.
- . Patrika: Refers to the Birthchart or horoscope of an individual, also known as Janm Patrika, Kundali, or Lagna Patrika.
- ‘Panchang’ is an Indian astrological almanac that uses traditional units of timekeeping, to provide important details of days in a calendar
- Bhrigu Samhita by Maharishi Bhrigu.